William Tyndale, contribution to the English Language and was the Father of both the English Bible and the English Language. I believe that the pervasive presence of the English Bible in Shakespeare's Plays refutes two common fashions on the scholarly scene today. One is the myth that Shakespeare is a secular author. On the contrary, the biblical presence sends a signal about the intellectual allegiance of Shakespeare's Plays. Secondly, it is not simply the English Bible but the Geneva Bible, specifically, that primarily appears in Shakespeare's plays. The claim that Shakespeare was a closet Catholic has recently received a prominence that is without warrant, Shakespeare's use of what was for the Catholics a forbidden book is one evidence among many that Shakespeare was Protestant in his religious orientation.
A few of William Tyndale’s Famous Quotes;-
1. Let there be lyghte.
2. Am I my brother’s keeper?
3. The Lord bless thee and keep thee. The Lord make his face to shine upon thee and be merciful unto thee. The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
4. Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted.
5. Our Father, which art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
6. Fight the good fight.
7. The signs of the times.
8. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.
9. He went out . . . and wept bitterly.
10. In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God...
11. In him we live, move and have our being.
12. A law unto themselves.
13. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels and yet had no love I were even as the sounding brass or as a tinkling cymbal.
14. lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
15. knock and it shall be opened unto you
16. twinkling of an eye
17. a moment in time
18. fashion not yourselves to the world
19. seek and you shall find
20. eat, drink and be merry
21. ask and it shall be given you
22. judge not that you not be judged
23. the word of God which liveth and lasteth forever
24. let there be light
25. the powers that be
26. my brother's keeper
27. the salt of the earth
28. a law unto themselves
29. filthy lucre
30. it came to pass
31. gave up the ghost
32. the signs of the times
33. the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak
34. live and move and have our being